Volkswagen Confirms Motability Scheme Commitment At 'One Big Day' Events
Volkswagen is reinforcing its commitment to the Motability Scheme by attending a number of events this summer aimed at showcasing its most popular models to a wide audience at key locations across the UK.
Starting at EventCity in Manchester on Friday 13 May and Saturday 14 May, The Big Event is the flagship in the summer programme of ‘One Big Day’ events and will allow disabled customers to experience products from more than 30 different car makers.
Volkswagen has previously attended One Big Day events in Exeter and Yorkshire, with successful results. Commenting on the programme, Volkswagen’s Business Development Manager, Lianne McKnight, said: “We had a lot of interest in our vehicles in Manchester and Exeter and are looking forward to taking part in this year’s events.
“They are a great opportunity to showcase our popular Polo, as well as the Golf, Scirocco, Touran and Passat Estate to Motability Scheme customers and their families. The visitors to the event can get all the information they need from our trained Motability advisors, as well as enjoying a great day out.”
The 2016 events will be held at:
- EventCity, Manchester – Friday 13 May and Saturday 14 May
- Eikon Exhibition Centre, Lisburn – Friday 3 June and Saturday 4 June
- Westpoint, Exeter – Saturday 16 July
- Yorkshire Event Centre – Saturday 13 August
- Peterborough Arena – Saturday 3 September
Free to attend and held mainly indoors, the One Big Day events offer disabled people the chance to find out more about the range of cars, adaptations, scooters and powered wheelchairs available to lease through the Motability Scheme. Visitors can test drive a selection of cars, including some fitted with popular driving adaptations, talk to Motability Scheme advisors and gather a range of helpful information while enjoying a fun day out.
Volkswagen has 13 models available on the Motability Scheme to cater for drivers’ different needs and lifestyles, from the up! city car through the Polo, Golf and Passat ranges to the Touran and Sharan people carriers. Until 30 June highlights include the up!, Polo and Golf with zero Advance Payment as well as the Golf SV from just £149 Advance Payment.
For more information on the One Big Day events visit www.motability.co.uk/onebigday or the ‘Motability Events’ Facebook page. For more information on Volkswagen’s range of products and Motability Scheme offers, go to www.volkswagen.co.uk/buying-guide/motability-offers
About the Motability Scheme:
- The Motability Scheme is the UK’s leading car Scheme for disabled people. It provides affordable, convenient, worry-free motoring to over 650,000 disabled customers and their families. Scooters and powered wheelchairs can also be leased through the Motability Scheme.
- The Scheme is available to anyone who receives the Higher Rate Mobility Component of the Disability Living Allowance, the Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment, the War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement or the Armed Forces Independence Payment. Customers transfer their mobility allowance to Motability Operations to lease a car, scooter or powered wheelchair.
- When leasing a Motability Scheme car, insurance for two named drivers, servicing and maintenance, full RAC breakdown assistance, tyre and windscreen replacement and 60,000 mileage allowance over three years are all included in the cost of the lease. A range of popular car adaptations are also available at no additional cost.
- When leasing a scooter or powered wheelchair, insurance, breakdown assistance, servicing, maintenance and repairs and tyre and battery replacement are all included in the cost of the lease. Pricing is standard nationwide.
- A wide range of ‘green’ vehicles with emissions of 100g/km of CO2 or less are available through the Scheme.
- Motability, the national charity, sets the strategic policies and direction of the Motability Scheme and oversees its performance to ensure that it meets the needs of disabled people. Registered Charity in England and Wales No 299745. Motability also provides financial assistance to customers, who would otherwise be unable to afford the mobility solution they need.
- Motability Operations Ltd is an independent commercial company that operates the Motability Scheme under contract to Motability (the charity). All profits are reinvested for the benefit of customers.