Benefits of having shock absorbers replaced
1. Ensures that shock absorbers continue to do their job of absorbing pressure from bumps, making the car comfortable and safe to drive
2. Reduces stress on other mechanical parts helping them last longer
3. Prevents wear on the chassis, which can lead to further issues
4. Maintains your ability to stop safely in a straight line
5. We give a 2-year parts and labour warranty on Volkswagen parts fitted after the manufacturer's warranty has expired.
Why do my shock absorbers need to be changed?
Shock absorbers use hydraulic fluid to dampen the rebound of the suspension springs when you drive over a bump or hole. Without them your car would bounce around and be hard to control. A good shock absorber also prolongs the life of other suspension parts and drive systems such as the springs and tyres.
What happens if they are not changed?
If your shock absorbers fail your car will be very unstable and difficult to drive. A worn or leaking shock absorber can affect the safety of your braking and handling. No surprise then that they are a legal requirement and checked in your MOT test.
What do we do?
We check for worn and leaking shock absorbers whenever we service your car. If any one isn't working correctly we tell you it should be replaced.
How often do they need to be checked?
At every MOT test and service.