Recycling for a brighter future
Volkswagen Group United Kingdom has partnered with Autogreen Ltd to provide a Government-approved national network of certified dismantling companies. They will take care of the environmentally friendly recovery of your car once it's reached the end of its life. To find your nearest Volkswagen Group-appointed recycling facility visit rewardingrecycling.co.uk
or call 0800 542 2002.
We also take back a large range of used parts from vehicle repairs and remanufacture on an industrial scale. These parts are sold across the world with a full manufacturer's guarantee under the name Genuine Parts.
Old catalytic converters have valuable metals like platinum and rhodium extracted and used in new ones. And to add to the economic recycling of end-of-life vehicles, we have developed and tested the VW-SiCon process. This allows the shredder light fraction to be processed and put to optimal usage.
The first large-scale industrial plants to use the VW-SiCon process are being built or are in the planning stages. So the recovery target of 95% for end-of-life vehicles now seems to be almost attainable.
All battery producers in the UK are required to be registered with the Government as part of an EU-wide initiative to increase battery collection/recycling and completely prohibit the landfill/incineration of automotive and industrial batteries. Volkswagen Group UK Ltd. is registered as a Producer of Batteries under Registration Number BPRN00504.
When an automotive (starter) battery in your vehicle or the high voltage battery if your vehicle is a Hybrid reaches its end of life, it can be delivered to the facilities listed below for disposal:
- Civic amenity and recycling centres
- Local authority battery collection schemes (please check with your local council)
- Licensed scrap yards
- Authorised treatment facilities (car dismantlers etc.)
To find out the easiest way to dispose of your battery please search the "Recycling near you" directory (http://www.recycle-moreco.uk/banklocator/banklocator.aspx/)
If requested, Volkswagen Group UK Ltd. can arrange for the automotive or the high voltage batteries it has produced to be collected from the types of sites listed above. Should you wish to arrange a collection, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Electric or hybrid vehicle and other industrial batteries
Businesses that place industrial batteries onto the UK market have an obligation to arrange for the treatment and recycling of these batteries. Volkswagen UK produce NiMH, Li-Ion and lead-acid industrial batteries.
If any of our customers or end users (as defined in the regulations) require us to take back industrial batteries they should contact us at email@example.com and provide the following information:
- Your name and address including where appropriate your registered company name, number and address.
- Confirmation that you are an "end user of industrial batteries" within the meaning of the Regulations.
- The make, chemistry type and, where visible, the serial number of the battery that you wish to dispose of (the "waste battery").
- Where appropriate and it is known, the vehicle identification number (VIN / Chassis number) of the vehicle the waste battery is fitted or from which it was taken.
- Other relevant details relating to the request including the present location and condition of the waste battery. A photograph to help assess the condition of the battery would be appreciated.
- If different from (1), the name and telephone number of the person who should be contacted to arrange for the collection or delivery of the waste battery.
On receipt of these details we will agree the necessary arrangements for the return, proper treatment and recycling of the waste industrial batteries.
Volkswagen Group UK Ltd is a member of the ERP producer compliance scheme. To find your nearest portable battery disposal facility and find out more about the benefits of battery recycling, please visit https://erp-recycling.org/uk/batteries/