Electric and Hybrid Cars
What are the different driving modes?
On GTE cars the driving modes are as follows:
- E-mode: Electric only, this driving mode produces zero emissions
- Hybrid: Powered by electric until the car needs petrol, the switch is seamlessly automatic
- Battery Charge: The car’s petrol engine will drive the car while also charging the battery
- Battery Hold: This mode uses the petrol engine to drive the car and switches off the battery to conserve energy
- GTE modes: Combines both petrol and electric engines to produce 204PS.
On the e-up! and e-Golf the driving modes are as follows:
- Normal: The car operates at full power and with full capacity heating
- ECO: The car operates with a top speed of 72mph with an output of 94PS. The air conditioning and heating systems work at a lower power
- ECO+: The car operates with a top speed of 56mph with an output of 74PS. The air conditioning and heating are switched off.
View all Electric and Hybrid Cars FAQs