Volkswagen help

Contact us

Electric and Hybrid Cars

Does charging with direct current (fast charging) damage the battery if it is done on a regular basis?

No, DC charging charges the battery to 80% in around 30 minutes. For the remaining 20%, the charging power is continuously lowered to protect the battery. The battery should only be DC charged twice in a row before charging with AC again.

View all Electric and Hybrid Cars FAQs