We're with you - even when you're away
Driving to Europe on holiday? No matter where you are, you can always count on Volkswagen.
Our European motoring assistance will help you in the event of a breakdown across Europe. Make sure that you have the following original documents and other items with you and have familiarised yourself with the Terms and Conditions.
- Credit card (required if you need to take advantage of the vehicle hire benefit)
- Motor insurance certificate/Green Card (contact your motor insurer before taking a vehicle out of the UK to find out if you need a Green Card or to upgrade to fully comprehensive insurance)
- Vehicle registration document, plus letter of authority if vehicle is hired or borrowed
- Driving licence (including paper counterpart if photocard licence)
- Spare set of car keys
- Statement of insurance or booking reference
- International driving permit (where necessary)
- Set of spare light bulbs and the warning triangle
- High visibility jackets (at least two - check European Motoring Requirements below)
- Check your Volkswagen Roadside Assistance details are correct
Should you need to call us, please use the relevant numbers below:
Volkswagen European Roadside Assistance 24 hour helpline: 00800 1330 3939
When calling don't forget that dialing and ringing tones differ from country to country and that the 00800 1330 3939 number may not work from some telephone networks.
If you experience difficulties, please use the following alternative to reach Volkswagen European Roadside Assistance: 0033 (0) 472 171 258
To find out more about Terms and Conditions while abroad please read the following PDF document: