Roadside Assistance - Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions for Volkswagen Roadside Assistance are as follows:
- Breakdown - means the vehicle is immobilised due to mechanical or electrical failure.
- Volkswagen retailer - means an authorised Volkswagen retailer within the United Kingdom.
- Volkswagen Repairer - means an authorised Volkswagen Repairer within the United Kingdom.
- You - means the driver of the Volkswagen passenger car.
- United Kingdom - means England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Channel Islands and Isle of Man.
- Europe - means those countries shown in the table not already included within 'United Kingdom'.
- Greater London - means within the area of the M25 motorway.
- Authorised bodyshop - means a bodyshop/Repairer authorised by Volkswagen to undertake paint and/or body repairs.
- If any repairs are not covered under warranty, you will be liable for the labour costs arising from repairs/work carried out at an authorised Volkswagen retailer or Repairer.
- If any parts are fitted either at the roadside or at an authorised Volkswagen retailer or Repairer, which are not covered by a Volkswagen Warranty, you will be liable for the cost of the parts. The roadside assistance operator or the Volkswagen retailer or Repairer involved will advise you of payment arrangements.
- If a breakdown is caused by the fitting of non-approved parts or accessories (e.g. car alarm not approved by Volkswagen), the service will be limited to roadside assistance and/or recovery to the nearest authorised Volkswagen retailer or Repairer. No additional benefits will apply.
- Any vehicle, which is considered to be overloaded by Volkswagen Roadside Assistance, will not be entitled to free load continuation until the owner/driver has reduced the payload to below the legal limit.
- If the recovery of your vehicle requires the use of specialist equipment, any costs incurred as a result will be your responsibility but may be refundable under the terms of your motor insurance policy.
- Every effort will be made to provide assistance by a Volkswagen Roadside Assistance technician. However, in the unlikely event of this not being possible, your breakdown will be attended by a third party agent.
- Onward travel will not be provided after a road traffic accident.
Volkswagen Roadside Assistance will not provide service for:
- Personally imported vehicles where Volkswagen Roadside Assistance has not been purchased direct from Volkswagen.
- Vehicles registered outside the United Kingdom.
- Any vehicle, which is being driven on trade-plates.
- Any vehicle in an unroadworthy condition.
- Costs which would have been incurred on the journey (e.g. petrol, hotel accommodation, meals, beverages, etc).
- Costs which can be reimbursed from another source.
- Costs incurred by the driver, passengers or any third party organising any of the services detailed without the prior authorisation of Volkswagen Roadside Assistance.
- Any vehicle driven independently to an authorised Volkswagen retailer or Repairer.
- Damage or injury intentionally caused or resulting from his/her participation in a criminal act or offence.
- Any accident or injury either through voluntary non-observance of the law, or the practice of activities not sanctioned by local authorities.
- Any consequential loss (direct or indirect) save for personal injury or death arising from the proven negligence of Volkswagen.
- Motor racing, rallies, high speed or duration tests or practice for such events.
- Loss or damage directly or indirectly through war, invasion, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities, civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power, riot or civil commotion, acts of God, flood or other catastrophe.
- Damage to or loss or destruction of any property or any loss or expenses whatsoever arising there from; or any consequential loss or any legal liability of whatsoever nature directly or indirectly caused by or contributed to, by or arising from:
- Ionising radiation or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel or from any nuclear waste from the combustion of nuclear fuel.
- Radioactive toxic explosive or other hazardous properties of any explosive nuclear assembly or nuclear component.
- Loss, destruction or damage by pressure waves caused by aircraft or other aerial device travelling at sonic or supersonic speeds.
- Nothing shall limit or restrict our liability for death or personal injury as a result of our negligence.
- Freak weather conditions.
- Costs relating to circumstances within the customer's control including, but not limited to, cost of fuel if run out of petrol/diesel, cost of new keys if lost, or cost of repair of car for misfue
Transfer of Volkswagen Roadside Assistance
Volkswagen Roadside Assistance is not transferable to another vehicle. However, should you sell your Volkswagen, your Volkswagen Roadside Assistance stays with the vehicle.
You may cancel at any time by letter, but you will not be entitled to any refund. We may cancel by sending seven days' notice by recorded delivery letter to your last known address. Please note that nothing in this clause or these Terms and Conditions will affect your statutory rights.
Please note that the Terms and Conditions of Volkswagen Roadside Assistance may be varied from time to time without notice. For further information, please contact Volkswagen Customer Services on 0800 777 192.
If you have either a compliment or a complaint related to Volkswagen Roadside Assistance, we really would like to hear from you. We welcome your comments as they provide us with the opportunity to put things right and to improve Volkswagen Roadside Assistance service.
Please contact us at:
Volkswagen Roadside Assistance Customer Care
Lambert House, Stockport Road,
Cheadle, Cheshire, SK8 2DY
Telephone: 0844 209 0556
Fax: 0161 488 7544
If you have an issue not related to Volkswagen Roadside Assistance, then please write to:
Volkswagen Customer Services
Selectapost 14, Sheffield, S97 3ZT
Telephone: 0800 083 3914