Roadside Assistance Wherever you are, we're only a phone-call away
As a Volkswagen owner, you’re driving one of the most reliable cars on the road. But so that you can have total peace of mind, we’ve partnered with the RAC to offer you Volkswagen Roadside Assistance. It’s a breakdown service that’s tailored to your Volkswagen, and has the added reassurance that it’s operated by Britain’s most experienced breakdown provider *.
First line support will be provided by a team of 90 Dedicated Technicians, fully trained by Volkswagen and carrying the latest diagnostic equipment, specialist tools and parts. Perhaps even more reassuring is the back up by 120 Accredited Technicians. On call 24/7, these Technicians are also specially trained on all Volkswagen Group vehicles.
Dedicated call centre.
The UK-based Volkswagen Roadside Assistance team will be able to support you during any breakdown experience or accident.
With you all the way
- Roadside – we’ll attend to your car at the roadside anywhere in the UK
- Recovery – includes delivery of your car to any UK destination including Volkswagen retailer network
- At Home – assistance if you’ve broken down at home
- Onward Travel – includes replacement vehicle for up to 48 hours, overnight accommodation for you and up to 7 passengers and alternative transport costs if your car can’t be fixed at the roadside or by a Volkswagen retailer
- European cover – includes cover across the continent, English-speaking incident managers and transport back to the UK if necessary
- Dedicated Volkswagen Roadside Assistance patrols carrying only genuine Volkswagen parts and tools
- Trained Volkswagen technicians using Volkswagen state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment
- Supported by the entire RAC fleet
- Dedicated UK-based customer service centre
If your Volkswagen is under one year old, you have Volkswagen Roadside Assistance provided free of charge. Touareg and Phaeton owners have three years’ complimentary cover.
You can telephone 0870 333 0475 if you have any questions.
Visit our European Assistance page for helpful information about driving in Europe.
Download the Roadside Assistance Handbook. (for all cars excluding Touareg and Phaeton).
Download the Touareg/Phaeton Roadside Assistance Handbook (for Touareg and Phaeton only).
* The RAC has 116 years’ experience in attending to breakdowns.