Roadside Assistance Wherever you are, we're only a phone-call away
As a Volkswagen owner, you’re driving one of the most reliable cars on the road. But so that you can have total peace of mind, we’ve partnered with the AA to offer you Volkswagen Roadside Assistance for both new cars and Das WeltAuto used cars. It’s a breakdown service that’s tailored to your Volkswagen, and has the added reassurance that the AA has more dedicated patrols than all other UK breakdown services put together *.
If your vehicle has already broken down or you need immediate assistance please call 0800 777 192.
Through our partnership with the AA, you have access to qualified Volkswagen Group dedicated Technicians, all in specially equipped vehicles. We're also supported by the AA, the UK's No. 1 breakdown provider**, whose aim is to get you back on the road as fast as possible.
By working in conjunction with the AA, your call will be covered anywhere in the UK and across Europe 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. See Terms and Conditions for a full list of countries covered.
Dedicated call centre.
The Volkswagen Roadside Assistance team will be able to support you during any breakdown experience or accident.
With you all the way
- Roadside assistance – we’ll attend to your car at the roadside anywhere in the UK
- Vehicle recovery – includes delivery of your car to any UK destination including Volkswagen retailer network
- Home assistance – assistance if you’ve broken down at home
- Onward Travel – in the event of recovery following breakdown, where your vehicle cannot be repaired within a reasonable time, we may in our absolute discretion organise and cover the costs of one of the following - car hire for up to 48 hours, overnight accomodation for you and up to 7 pasengers or alternative transport for you and up to 7 passengers
- European assistance – includes cover across the continent, English-speaking incident managers and transport back to the UK if necessary
- Dedicated Volkswagen Roadside Assistance patrols carrying only genuine Volkswagen parts and tools
- Trained Volkswagen technicians using Volkswagen state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment
- Supported by the AA, with more dedicated patrols than all other UK breakdown services put together*
If your Volkswagen is under one year old, you have Volkswagen Roadside Assistance provided free of charge. Touareg and Phaeton owners have three years’ complimentary cover.
You can telephone 0800 777 192 and select the appropriate option if you have any questions.
Visit our European Assistance page for helpful information about driving in Europe.
Download the Roadside Assistance Handbook (for all cars excluding Touareg).
Download the Touareg Roadside Assistance Handbook (for Touareg only).
* Source: Mintel - UK Vehicle recovery report, September 2014
** Source: Which? 2015