An amber automatic gearbox light means that action is required
Roadside assistance: 0800 777 192
If this light appears it may be accompanied with a message in the driver information system, such as:
1. "Please press brake pedal and select gear again"
Is the brake still on?
Yes: The hand brake is on. Please contact an authorised repairer
No: The hand brake is not on. Continue driving.
2. "Please adapt driving style"
If so please continue driving
3. "You can continue driving"
If so please contact an authorised repairer
4. "reverse gear not available"
If so please contact an authorised repairer.
5. "Please stop the vehicle and select P"
If so please contact roadside assistance on 0800 777 192 or an authorised repairer.