Volkswagen and Apple Music
Drive with all your favourite songs.
Activate We Connect or Car-Net in your new Volkswagen and get up to 6 month Apple Music for free.
Whether you’re using your Apple device or Android smartphone: With Apple Music, you can access over 50 million songs ad-free both online and offline. Start streaming in your car today.
With Apple Music you can find your favourite music from a collection of over 50 million songs. It’s also an easy way to uncover your new favourite artist and one of the best things about Apple Music is its personalised settings, which are based on your entries and music choices over time.
On the hunt for something new? Even though there are so many songs to choose from, browsing the music library couldn’t be easier! Selected playlists put together by the Apple Music team and genre based radio stations are ideal for exploring new sounds. New artists and exclusive content are added to the app on a regular basis. The latest news and cultural updates are available from Beats 1 Radio.
You can also find inspiration in your friends’ music choices: Follow them to see what they’re listening to or share your own top hits and playlists.
To protect your data allowance, you can also load content from Apple Music and play it straight from your smartphone. This means that you are prepared for anything, even a lack of Internet access while you’re out and about. And regardless of whether you’re streaming or offline: Apple Music never interrupts your enjoyment with ads.
Of course Apple Music is not just restricted to your iPhone or any other iOS devices – there is also an Android app for your PC and, thanks to Apple CarPlay™, you can also enjoy full access to your songs in your Volkswagen so you can start streaming in your car today!
How to get 6 months of Apple Music for free
All customers of a new Volkswagen with We Connect or Car-Net Online Services can redeem an Apple Music voucher.
To enjoy over 50 million songs from Apple Music while you’re out and about and at home, the following conditions must be met:
- You own a Volkswagen from model year 2018 or above
- Your Volkswagen has We Connect or Car-Net capability and you have activated it for the use of the We Connect services
- You have downloaded the We Connect app on your smartphone
Ready for music after your fancy? You can get your voucher for Apple Music right now as a registered user via the We Connect app for iOS and Android or on the We Connect portal.
- Get the We Connect App and secure your voucher
- Redeem voucher on We Connect portal
Enjoy Apple Music best with Apple CarPlay™ in your Volkswagen
To get the best music quality when listening to your favorite songs with Apple Music on your iPhone, Volkswagen recommends using Apple CarPlay™.
Apple CarPlay™ lets you control selected apps from your iPhone on the touch screen of your infotainment system while driving. Prerequisite to use Apple CarPlay™ is the option Car-Net App-Connect in your Volkswagen. Using your apps is as easy as you are used to from the iPhone. Music, news, telephone - everything is just a touch away.
CarPlay™ takes the things you want to do with your iPhone while driving and puts them right on your car’s built-in display. You can listen to music, make calls, send and receive messages, and, all in a way that allows you to stay focused on the road. CarPlay™ also features Siri voice control so you can even operate via voice input.
Any other questions? We have put together solutions for some of the most common problems.
How do I find out the model year of my Volkswagen?
To determine the model year of your Volkswagen, please identify the 10th digit of your vehicle identification number (VIN). A 'J' stands for model year 2018, a 'K' stands for model year 2019.
Which Volkswagen Infotainment systems are compatible with Car-Net?
You need the "Discover Media" or "Discover Pro" navigation systems or the "Composition Media" radio to be able to use We Connect or Car-Net.
What can I use Apple Music with?
Apple Music is compatible with iOS from version 8.4, Apple Watch, Apple TV, Mac, CarPlay, HomePod, PC, Android from Version 4.3 and Sonos.
Will Apple Music use up my data allowance?
Yes, if you are using Apple Music when you’re using mobile data. However, you can also enjoy Apple Music via WiFi and download content that you can then listen to offline. This helps you to save your data allowance. When you are using Apple Music offline, the system checks that your membership is still active once a month. For this you will have to connect to the Internet.
Can I use Apple Music on multiple devices at the same time?
Even when your Apple ID is installed on up to ten devices, you can only play music online on one device at a time. Transmission on the first device stops as soon as you start playing music on a second device.
* Only valid for individual memberships; 6 months free for new customers. 3 months free for existing members; cannot be combined with other offers or promotions; membership is extended automatically after the free trial ends. The code is valid for 12 months. This promotional code is not for resale, has no monetary value and cannot be replaced if lost or stolen. Only valid for Apple Music in the United Kingdom. iTunes account required. The terms and conditions of Apple Media Services apply; you can find the T&Cs for your country at https://www.apple.com/legal/internet-services/itunes/. You must be at least 13 years of age and must reside in the country of the shop in which you wish to redeem the code. Compatible products and services are required. Apple Music is a registered trademark of Apple Inc. Apple is not a participant in or sponsor of this promotion.