Extended Warranty - Terms and Conditions
Details of your extended warranty
Note: Full terms and conditions will be sent to you following purchase of a Das WeltAuto used car from Volkswagen.
- The Warranty is valid in the United Kingdom and up to 60 days in Continental Europe (Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Cyprus (Greek territory only), Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia*, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain (including Balearic Islands but excluding Canary Islands), Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey).
*Cover in Russia is limited to a 31 mile radius from the external ring of the following cities: St Petersburg, Moscow, Rostov On Don, Togliatti and Perm.
- Volkswagen Assistance (where applicable to your car) is only valid in the United Kingdom.
- There is no mileage limitation on the car while the warranty is in place.
- You must keep the car serviced and repaired, at a Volkswagen Das WeltAuto retailer according to the Manufacturer's Service schedule and intervals, within 30 days or 2,000 miles of its due date.
- You must keep all servicing receipts and invoices. Failure to keep your car serviced in accordance with the manufacturers service schedule will void the warranty.
- For 'All Component' warranties the total value of repair work completed during the Warranty period is limited to the price you paid for the car. The total value of repair work completed is limited to the price you paid for the car.
- The cost of any investigation work can only be authorised by the vehicle owner, who will remain responsible for meeting that cost in the event that the repair is not covered by the warranty.
- Replacement of drive belts, filters, lubricants, antifreeze and fluids required because of failure of a covered part are covered by the Warranty.
- Consequential damage to a covered part, will be paid for if caused by a covered part.
- We are not liable for any other consequential loss however caused.
- All replaced parts become the property of the repairing Volkswagen retailer.
- The car's performance gradually reduces as its age and mileage increases. This includes, but is not limited to, gradual loss of engine compression requiring the repair of valves or rings and gradual increase in oil consumption due to normal operating functions. This Warranty will not pay for deterioration of this type.
- If the fault causing the part failure existed before the Warranty came into affect, the Warranty will not pay for the repair.
- The Warranty can be transferred to the next owner of the car by using the advice slip in the warranty handbook. The transfer fee is £17.50 including VAT.
- The car must not be used for hire or reward, commercial use, professional instruction, competition or off-road use, motor rally, speed or duration tests or any practice of these events.
- Your car must not be one of the following: all American, Australian and Canadian cars (unless built for UK), AC, Aston Martin, Audi, Bentley, Bristol, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Lotus, Maserati, Morgan, Rolls Royce, Porshe (except Boxster), TVR, stretched limousines, Kit cars, cars modified outside manufacturers specification.
- Damage caused by any of the following will not be covered: fire, water ingress, corrosion, frost, floods, snow affected roads or embedding in mud or sand, a recurring problem where you have not sought repair advice from a Volkswagen retailer, failure to respond to Manufacturer's R-ecall, not maintaining your car in a safe a roadworthy condition, improper repair, intentional damage or injury, loss or damage to contents of your car, the theft of your car, participating in a criminal act, wilful exposure to danger, any type of accident, any failure of a cosmetic nature only, being under the influence of drugs (unless medically supervised) or alcohol, misuse or neglect, any unlawful act or omission, acts of war or God, nuclear explosion, sonic boom or radioactivity.
- All warranty repairs must be carried out by a Volkswagen Retailer or Repairer.
- Parts failures will be handled by the administrator on behalf of Volkswagen UK and we reserve the right to have the vehicle inspected by an independent engineer prior to any work being carried out.
- Where the Warranty holders car insurance should pay for a repair or will deem the car to be a write off, then the car insurance should be used and not the Volkswagen Das WeltAuto Warranty.
- If a vehicle is registered to a VAT registered company or individual, the VAT element of a valid warranty claim can be claimed by that company or individual and it is their responsibility to do so
- The warranty may become invalidated if the owner continues to drive when a fault becomes apparent which results in further damage.
- Claim Limits: 'All component' cover - the total value of the repair work is limited to the price paid for the car. 'Named component' cover - a limit of £1,000 including VAT per claim applies. The total value of all claims cannot exceed the price paid for the car.
- Telephone calls made in connection with your Volkswagen Extended Warranty may be monitored as part of training and quality assurance processes.
- After the initial 14 days from receipt of your warranty handbook, there is no provision for any refund or part refund to be made.
- Your statutory rights are not affected.
- Volkswagen Extended Warranty is underwritten by AGA International SA and is administered in the UK by Mondial Assistance (UK) Limited, registered in England No. 1710361. Registered Office Mondial House, 102 George Street, Croydon CR9 1AJ.
- Mondial Assistance (UK) Limited are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA).
- AGA International SA is authorised by Autorite de Controle Prudentiel in France and is regulated by the Financial Services Authority for the conduct of business in the UK.
- Mondial Assistance (UK) Limited acts as an agent for AGA International SA with respect to the receipt of customer money, for the purpose of settling claims and handling premium refunds.
Read more about service checks